This half day session will provide managers with some tools and techniques to manage employee mental health in a proactive way and increase their confidence when supporting staff who may be struggling with their mental health.
The course will specifically cover how:
- to recognise common mental health problems such as anxiety and depression
- to understand how an individual might feel at work and when they have to take time off
- to understand how a team might cope when one of their members has a mental health issue and how to support them
- to make reasonable adjustments to help someone stay at work
- to effectively manage a period of sickness and return to work
- to develop and use mental health policies and wellbeing plans
- to access local medical and community support services
It is widely recognised that mentally healthy workplaces experience less absence, increased productivity and greater customer satisfaction. There’s a strong business case for looking after the mental health of all staff.
Creating mentally healthy workplaces doesn’t necessarily require making large or expensive changes. Putting in place measures to create an environment that support staff through a three-pronged approach: tackling the work-related causes of stress and poor mental health at work; supporting members of staff experiencing a mental health problem; and promoting wellbeing for all staff, will help tackle the causes of work-related stress and poor mental health.
Businesses that take steps to support the mental health of staff will find they’re rewarded in terms of a more productive, happy workforce who are less likely to need time off sick.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.