The Employers’ Disability Charter helps employers like you benefit from the talent disabled people can bring to the workforce.
Growing research shows that organisations with a diverse workforce tend to have a competitive edge and perform better than companies who don’t prioritise diversity and inclusion. Diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds lead to more creativity and innovation within an organisation.
Currently, there is no discrimination legislation in Guernsey but this will soon change. To help you prepare, this session will provide you with practical guidance on how to develop inclusive recruitment practices and how to improve work practices for disabled employees.
You will have the opportunity to join 48 other Guernsey employers and sign up to the Employers’ Disability Charter supporting you to create an action plan to promote inclusion and diversify your workforce.
- An introduction to Guernsey Employment Trust
- Benefits of a diverse workforce
- Disability; the barriers to employment
- How to develop Inclusive recruitment practices
- Reasonable adjustments; some examples
- Case study: Examples of how employers are benefitting from promoting inclusion.
- The Employers’ Disability Charter and how to sign up.
Improve your understanding of disability and employment and how your organisation can benefit. Have a clear plan of action that you can discuss with senior managers or team members.