Should self-isolation rules still be in place at the time of this course, prohibiting our UK based tutor from coming to Guernsey, this course will be held in a virtual classroom.
PRINCE2® 2017 is the method used for planning and managing projects in the public and private sectors. The method is used for a wide variety and size of projects. PRINCE2® is universally accepted as best practice project management The two-day Practitioner course is aimed at that those requiring a controlled approach to managing projects. During the first day, delegates will consolidate PRINCE2® methodology and will prepare for the Practitioner exam. The Practitioner exam is taken on the morning of the second day.
The PRINCE2 Practitioner course is a mixture of input and practical sessions, delivered by a PeopleCert approved trainer with practical experience of project management. This course includes course materials and the Practitioner Exam but the manual is not included. Please bring your own copy from the Foundation course. If you don’t have it then contact us for purchase options.
You should spend approximately 10 hours studying the pre-course material in order to be well prepared for the course.
Due to the intense nature of this course, you should also plan to commit approximately 1 hour each evening during the course for study and review.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Structured Approach to Managing Projects
- The Process-based Approach
- Business Case
- Practical Work
The syllabus for PRINCE2® was updated in 2017, which was the first major update to PRINCE2 since 2009. As of December 2017 all PRINCE2 courses offered by the GTA have been taught off the 2017 syllabus. If you have any questions about these changes please read this PRINCE2 Update FAQ document in the first instance.
After this PRINCE2 Practitioner course you will:
- Understand the PRINCE2® method at Practitioner level
- Understand the integrated elements of PRINCE2® (principles, processes, themes and tailoring) at Practitioner level
- Appreciate business processes and lifecycle models for projects and project management to Practitioner level.
- Learn to operate effectively with colleagues and managers within a structured project management
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam: 2½ hours, open book (PRINCE2 manual only) consisting of 68 objective test questions.
To maintain your PRINCE2 Practitioner Qualification you will need to resit your PRINCE2 Practitioner exam within 3 years of passing your original examination or remain ac-credited under the AXELOS PRINCE2 Membership Scheme.
Successful candidates who achieve their Prince2 Practitioner certification by passing the Prince2 Foundation exam and the Prince2 Practitioner exam will be entered into the Prince2 Practitioner Register (Successful Candidate Register).
Please remember to bring your manual with you for the open book practitioner exam.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.
From date of acknowledgement by the GTA, the cancellation charges are:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 20% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 100% of the full fees
Transferring to an alternative course within 3 weeks of the original course start date will incur the following charges:
- More than 28 days of the course start date: No Charge
- 14-28 days of the course start date: 10% of the full fees
- 7-14 days of the course start date: 25% of the full fees
- Within 7 days of the course start date: 50% of the full fees
PLEASE NOTE: CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER REQUESTS
Any cancellation and course transfer requests must be made either in writing or by e-mail to the course administrator, the GTA.