This course will provide you with the skills to build a network of professional connections with the knowledge of how to relax and even start enjoying “working a room"!
- Understanding how networking is a personal and business imperative
- Developing a networking mind-set for Guernsey
- Tips and tricks to build confidence
- Strategies to “work a room”
- The do’s and don’ts of Elevator Pitches
- The use of social media in networking
- Establishing a networking action plan to increase your “opportunity score”
For many people a fear of networking runs a close second to a fear of public speaking! Images of entering a room and knowing no-one, standing on the edge of a conversation trying to break in or getting the brush off when you do. Luckily networking isn't an "innate" ability some people are born with but a skill that anyone can learn, and you don't have to an extrovert to be successful; you just need to use the right strategies.
According to the Financial Times Guide to Business Networking there are four key ways to build your Networking Opportunity Score:
- Developing your Personal Brand
- Increasing your Visibility
- Developing Social Capital
- Establishing Credibility
Put this together with a host of tips and techniques for attending networking events, then all that’s left to become truly proficient networker is to get out there and practise!
This course will help you to:
- Build confidence in networking situations
- Increase their ability to make network connections
- Create a strategy to make the best use of networking time
- Practise their networking skills in a supportive networking forum
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.