The word “Impact” is often confused with being overly forceful when, in fact, we can have much more impact when we quietly listen then ask just one powerful question! So, we do not need to be forceful to have impact.
Also, the word “Influence” is too often mistaken for “manipulation” and yet the two could not be more different!
In having the ability to influence while winning the hearts and minds of others, you will have impact. These are skills that can be learned, whether you have a more forceful personality or are reserved and shy!
Being able to influence others effectively is key to building rapport, forging successful professional relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers, service partners etc.
When we learn these skills, everybody wins, even if they don’t have the outcome they hoped for, because they feel valued and respected.
- So, you know why we need these skills.
- The next step is what you need to do (and avoid).
- Then how to go about building on what you are already doing to have more impact and influence.
During this workshop you will: -
- Explore those situations where you need to influence people more effectively.
- Gain clarity on the difference between the positive qualities of personal Power, Impact, Authority, Charisma and the more negative ones used with persuasion, manipulation and Influence.
- Learn about Social Energy, where you are currently on the scale and how/when to adjust it to match the situation you are in.
- Discuss how you can build trust and rapport with others.
- Identify the various behavioural styles you currently use to gain co-operation and how these might impact on others.
- Learn a simple influencing tool to adopt and practice.
- Apply a simple tool to apply to tasks and relationships.
- Explore case studies where communication has gone wrong as well as where it has gone well.
- Gain coaching from the facilitator, to enable you to adapt and select the most appropriate styles for the situations you most often face.
- Benefit from group activities that will enable you to practice your new-found skills within a safe environment.
- Create your personal Action Plan to support you going forward.
Developing effective influencing skills increases your personal success and as a result, you will build more productive and rewarding relationships with colleagues, clients and larger groups.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.