This highly interactive and stimulating two day course is designed to provide executive PAs and secretaries with the necessary skill sets, strategies, insights, technical know-how and corporate etiquettes to excel in this demanding and challenging role.
What is your role?
- Reflect on the importance of the PA role and the impact you can have
Build on existing skills
- The importance and implications of communications
- Confidence and assertiveness skills - the basis for everything the PA has to achieve
Organise your workload
- Work efficiently with time pressures
- Plan and prioritise effectively
- Fully understand your business
- Manage your stress and other people's stress
- Effective delegation
- Techniques for taking control
Advanced telephone techniques
- Good and bad practice
- Manage calls
- Get the best results on the telephone
- Those tricky calls
Take advantage of modern technology
- Ensure you keep ahead of the game and benefit from effective use of modern technology and social media
Meetings, take notes and write effective minutes
- Skills required to be an effective minute taker
- Work successfully with the chairperson
- Speedwriting tips
Business writing skills
- Why are these vital for a top PA?
- Structure correspondence in a 21st century style
- Avoid business clichés
- Write persuasive communications
Lead the partnership with your manager
- Consider people's working styles
- Work successfully with your manager
- Enable a productive partnership
Relationships, personal effectiveness and emotional intelligence
- Influence for success
- Build rapport with your manager, colleagues and clients
- Understand leadership
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Benefit from change in the work environment
- Understand motivation
- Emotional intelligence for you
- Ensure positive perceptions
- Network successfully
- Set goals that work
The personal assistant (PA) is the executive’s business partner, helping him/her achieve their business objectives by sharing the workload. This Executive PA Masterclass is a packed two day training course designed to enable PAs and secretaries to attain the necessary skill sets to ensure they become the business associate their manager needs.
What will you get out of it?
- A full understanding of the executive PA's role
- Action plans and techniques to stay ahead and manage your development
- Management tools which will enable you to create a more productive and effective boss/PA partnership
- Assertiveness techniques and effective decision-making and understanding
- Enhanced business etiquettes and improved writing ability
- A better understanding of putting together minutes and agenda and organising meetings
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.