This workshop is ideal for anyone who uses the phone at work to represent their organisation, maybe being the first point of contact for customers, or being responsible for building ongoing customer relationships.
- Why good telephone skills matter
- What makes a great phone conversation? (and a bad one)
- Communication skills practice
- Putting the customer first
- Putting skills in practice back in the office
In a world where e-mail has become a leading method of communication at work, people can sometimes feel that using the phone is an unnecessary (and sometimes stressful) use of their time. However, where face-to-face communication is not possible, using the phone effectively is a key way to develop client relationships, build rapport and get things done!
By the end of the workshop, you will have:
- Identified the effect your telephone manner can have on the caller/recipient and their organisation
- Identified what distinguishes a great telephone conversation from an average or poor one
- Identified any fears or concerns they may have about using the telephone and have put together a plan to overcome these
- Gained confidence to use the phone by practicing in a safe environment
- Put together an action plan to improve their use of the phone at work and to support them to put the client first
New for this course:
To add value to this training we now offer each delegate attending the Telephone Skills course a personalised ’secret shopper' phone call with a supporting feedback report.
The call will be made by Hazel and can be made prior to or after the workshop, depending on the preference of the delegate’s manager. Hazel will call the manager in advance to discuss details.
The call is made anonymously, with a follow-up written report sent to the delegate to include call debrief, tips and personalised actions to work on.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.