If lockdown restrictions and/or social distancing guidelines are still in place the tutor will deliver this course in real time in a virtual classroom on the appointed date or dates.
This one day workshop will explore different communications and behaviour types. It will equip you with the assertive skills that will enable you to effectively convey understanding.
- Different styles of behaviour and their impact on others
- Identifying and giving feedback on behavioural styles
- Identifying your own dominant behavioural style
- Assertive strategies for dealing with difficult situations
- Core responsive skills: questioning, listening and developing rapport
- Non-verbal communication
- Anticipate and avoid common misunderstandings
- Practice assertive communication
- Action planning
- Review and personal development planning
Effective communication is key to co-operation and success within any organisation and beyond because it leads to better performance and results.
Assertive behaviour is learned and so we need to recognise our natural instincts to adopt passive or aggressive states, how this impacts on transactions with others and how we can overcome these by practicing assertive techniques.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the 'Book Course' button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time click on the 'Register Interest' button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.