Writing clear, concise and easy to follow procedure manuals is a skill that all levels of staff should strive to acquire. Perfecting the ability to explain, in simple day to day terms, how all business systems and processes operate is fundamental to the smooth running of any business. It also helps to minimise the operational impact of key man risk and allows the smooth handover of tasks between staff members.
This course is aimed at those working in industry that are required to write/ or due to write procedures on behalf of their business/organisation.
It aims to give you the skills to create well-structured technical procedure manuals that are easy to read, accessible to readers with a variety of technical backgrounds but still contain sufficient information to enable the user to carry out the tasks explained with no or very limited guidance.
The course provides a benchmark for writing procedures, while also providing you with valuable experience. It is highly interactive and you will be involved in live examples.
The course is relevant to both regulated and unregulated organisations.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the purpose and objective of procedure manuals and their importance to the smooth operations of businesses
- Be able to write clear instructions and be able to use this skill to update and/or write clear, relevant, concise and easy to follow procedure manuals
- Ensure that the layout, style and presentation of procedure manuals are consistent across the business
- Be able to keep your writing brief, accurate, readable and accessible to people with a wide variety of technical backgrounds and experience
- Ensure that the procedure manuals follow best practice and reflect the processes being carried out day to day by the business
- Work with your colleagues to ensure that the procedure manuals are procedure efficient and do not duplicate or overlap other areas of the business
- Ensure that the procedures in place are fit for purpose and mitigate risk and highlight the importance of escalated operational risk concerns
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.