This experiential course will cover the essential skills to mentor others as well as how to make the most of being a mentee. You will learn and practice mentoring skills as both a mentor and mentee.
- What is Mentoring
- Mentoring is an essential part of leadership development
- Best practice and pitfalls for mentoring programmes
- Relationship between mentoring and sponsorship
- Similarities and differences between coaching and mentoring
- How to benefit from mentoring and take charge of the process
- Practical experience of essential mentoring skills
- How to establish an effective mentoring relationship
- Delegates will work in pairs during the course
- The space between the 2 half days will be for you to practise mentoring skills and being mentored
“People with strong networks and good mentors enjoy more promotions, higher pay and greater career satisfaction.” McKinsey Quarterly.
Good mentors can be hard to find so in today’s fast moving world, we need to break away from the traditional, “wise old sage” approach to mentoring to open up our own ability to both be mentors wherever we happen to be in our careers as well as learning to make the most of being mentored by others.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.