This course provides enhanced anti-financial crime training for Guernsey Money Laundering Compliance Officers, Money Laundering Reporting Officers and Nominated Officers.
It is written specifically for the role-holders in businesses which need to comply with the Guernsey Handbook and Schedule 3.It is relevant for licensed financial services businesses and for professional firms registered as prescribed businesses.
This course will cover:
- Key aspects of the named roles
- Functions of the roles
- Compliance monitoring and board reporting considerations for MLCOs
- GFSC and FIU notifications
- Applying disclosure tests
- Handling disclosures of suspicion
- When and how to apply for FIU consent and what FIU responses mean
- Avoiding problems with consent
- Post-disclosure process and controls and FIU information powers
- Barriers to effective suspicion reporting
- Production and Restraining Orders
- Changes to the Civil Forfeiture Regime
The MLCO’s responsibility for monitoring the firm’s disclosures framework makes all areas relevant to them as well as to MLRO/NOs.
There is a downloadable Relevant Laws summary for easy reference.
The course will help named role-holders to understand their legal obligations, and practical issues which arise, and it includes animated content, with graphics and Q&A.
Complete the course at your own convenience and speed – progress is saved if you take a break.
Initial and final assessments test the user’s understanding and help the firm to measure the effectiveness of training.
If you are interested in this online course, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right-hand side of this page and we will get back to you with all the relevant information to log in and get started. Alternatively, please call us on 224570 or email [email protected]