There was a need to strengthen conduct standards and changes in the FX markets, so the Global FX Code was updated in July 2021.
Understanding the updated Global FX Code is vital, as the Global Foreign Exchange Committee often carries out surveys on implementation and checks on whether firms have committed to training their staff. Failing to adhere to the Code can lead to severe penalties for both individuals and firms.
Created by experts with highly relevant experience of the Code, this course will enable you to:
- understand the importance and core principles of the Code
- grasp the regulatory and reputational risk of non-compliance
- be able to demonstrate to the regulator that you take your market participation seriously
- recognize the commercial advantage compliance to the Code will afford you and your organisation
You will study this course in your own time and at your own pace, and you have up to 1 month to complete it.
This introductory course provides the background to the Code, core principles and the need for greater personal accountability through these modules;
- Importance of the Code
- Regulatory Risk
- Reputational Risk
- Commercial Advantage
- The Core Principles
This course is self-paced with online gamified learning.
This short course is suitable for:
- Both regulated and unregulated firms who have adopted or are informally applying the Code.
- Compliance professionals, investment managers, asset managers or FX traders who want to ensure adherence or validate their knowledge.
Your understanding will be tested with quizzes throughout the course and will be awarded a certificate of completion once the course is complete.
Whilst the GTA facilitates the training for ICA qualifications, you need to enrol online directly with the ICA. Scroll down when you reach this page and then follow the process to enrol.