The course is aimed at those of you who have worked in fund administration for 5+ years. It will provide you with an opportunity to refresh knowledge, discuss more complex structures and increase knowledge in other sectors you may not have direct exposure to.
Section 1: Fund Structures
This section will run through all of the fund structures commonly used in Guernsey and examine the following areas:
- Initial basics of how they work/ mechanics
- When each structure is used
- The key taxation issues with each structure
- What assets are each structure suited for
- How they can be combined with other structures
- Which investors are they suitable for
- What are the pitfalls, and what to watch out for
Structures include: Investment Companies, Multiclass/ Master Feeder, Unit Trusts, PCCs, ICCs & Limited Partnerships
Section 2: Regulation
This section will run through the current key operational legislation in Guernsey for fund administration
- Guernsey POI Law (Authorised and Registered Funds)
- AIFMD workshop
Section 3: Advanced Topics
This section will cover some of the more complex areas of fund administration. A series of case studies will also be used to make this section more interactive, and delegates will be split into small groups:
- Performance fees and equalisation
- Transfer pricing structures
- NAV review, pricing errors and rectifying errors
The course will be workshop based to enable you to share your experiences, engage with others in case studies and ask relevant questions.
This fund administration course will provide you with more confidence when operating in the fund administration sector. It will improve your knowledge of fund structure, refresh you on regulation and cover some of the more complex elements of fund administration, which will enable you to offer more experience and knowledge when dealing with clients.
- Improve/ reaffirm knowledge of fund administration
- Improve knowledge of the industry
- Refresh fund regulation
- Improve AIFMD knowledge
- Improve confidence when engaging with clients
- Become better at problem solving fund administration issues
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.