This CPD module on cryptocurrencies and blockchains will provide you with a solid introduction to the key technologies involved and how they have been applied, as well as the strategies used to mitigate risk.
This module has been designed for those who are relatively new to the financial services/asset management industry or more experienced practitioners who want to refresh their core knowledge.
Students of this course typically include:
- Investment/asset/fund managers
- Fund administrators
- Accounting or finance graduates
- Company Secretaries
- Compliance professionals
- Support staff for custodians, banks or trusts.
On completion of this module you will be able to:
- Explore the background and application of cryptocurrency within the financial services industry.
- Articulate the vulnerabilities of cryptocurrency for both users and organisations that seek to adopt it.
- Describe the process of Initial Coin Offerings and explain the risks involved.
- Express the key requirements needed to create a risk-based approach when considering new technologies.
This course is delivered through an online learning platform, providing you with twelve months’ access to bespoke, interactive course material written by industry experts. There is no formal assessment for this course, allowing you to study and learn at your own pace and refer back to the content as and when needed for the purpose of practice. There are 3-4 nominal hours of study recommended for this course.
Purchase of the CPD module includes access to the recording of our live webinar “Are Cryptocurrencies and Tokenisation Changing the Face of Asset Management?” which was delivered in collaboration with Funds Europe.
Once you have completed the CPD module, you will be issued with a certificate of completion.
This CPD module is designed for professionals working in the financial services/asset management industry and offers a thorough insight into the fast-paced world of digital assets, such as blockchains and cryptocurrencies.