Are you a little rusty on your core principles and the changes to UK GAAP brought about by the introduction of FRS 102? Would you like a concise update of the key areas and changes that are coming into play for periods beginning on or after 1 January 2019? Do you want to discuss application of this important standard with other industry professionals, enhance your knowledge and make sure your accounting is still on the right track? If you answer yes to any of these questions then this could be the course for you.
This course covers the following and will include examples specific to Guernsey:
- An overview of some of the pervasive principles and key areas included in FRS102;
- FRS 102 - 2015 key changes refreshers – which include the practical effect, 3 years after the change on the valuation of assets, exceptional items, lease incentives, holiday pay accruals, inter-company loans and accounting policy disclosures;
- High level overview of the key changes arising from the triennial review of FRS102 and how this will affect accounting treatment post 1 January 2019;
- Key accounting concept refreshers and practical guide to disclosures concerning post balance sheet events, provisions, contingent liabilities, and commitments, related party transactions and going concern.
In 2015 the Financial Reporting Council fundamentally reformed financial reporting in the UK with the roll out of FRS 102. This course examines the practical application of some of the key changes arising from the adoption of FRS102 with the aim of helping you ensure the accounting treatment you are following is in line with FRS 102.
The course also provides an update on the key changes arising from the recent review conducted by the FRC, allowing you time to plan for any changes needed well in advance of their effective date as well as providing a refresher on the key areas of Financial Statements to practicing accountants and accountants in practice.
This course will give you:
- Enhanced knowledge of current accounting standards;
- The chance to discuss question on the application of this standard with your peers;
- Improved knowledge of the practical considerations of adopting FRS 102;
- Knowledge on the changes to the standards arising from the December 2017 Financial Reporting Council review.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.