Teams are as old as civilisation itself and the Board of Directors is after all a team, but a team of highly paid individuals. As this team is assembled, or changed, there is no guarantee that it will operate effectively with a natural esprit de corps. It is often said that Boards, like families, are dysfunctional, so it becomes a case of managing within the dysfunctionalities.
This interactive workshop will examine the following:
- Why Boards fail
- How to spot the early signs
- What are typical obstacles
- Getting out of comfort zones
- Groupthink creep
- Why executives get derailed
- How to recognise early signs of dysfunction
- Making Boards work better
- The learning Board
- From selection to feedback
- Learning from well-run Boards
- Making a Board evaluation effective
- Checklist for directors to rate their Boards
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 224570.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.