This course will include four half-day sessions designed to equip directors with the knowledge and skills to strengthen their organisation’s orientation towards sustainability. It is based on a director’s sustainability checklist and will provide a practical approach to this critically important issue, with a focus on immediate takeaways, and includes an opportunity to apply learnings to your own organisation.
- Understanding the role of the board in leading your organisation’s response to climate change and the ESG agenda.
- Measuring the impact of your organisation on the climate and the steps they can take to reduce it
- Exploring opportunities for your organisation to make a positive contribution to both the natural and the social environment
- Understanding the importance of embedding ESG challenges into the strategy and culture of your organisation
- Discovering how other directors and senior leaders across all sectors are responding to the challenges of ESG and the value that can bring to your own organisation’s endeavours.
The four sessions of the online course will take place over four different dates. It is a requirement for you to be able to attend all four sessions. The session topics and dates are:
- The Governance Agenda: The board’s role and actions
- The Net Zero Agenda: The board’s role and actions
- The Wider Environment Agenda: The board’s role and actions
- The Social Agenda: The board’s role and actions
IoD Members £1,500
- An understanding of what sustainability means for your organisation in the context of the duties of a director and growing ESG requirements
- An understanding of carbon footprint and how to determine scopes 1, 2 and 3 for your organisation, and how to move toward carbon neutral and beyond
- An insight into the broader environmental agenda, materiality, the circular economy and the issues and opportunities regarding environmental challenges
- An understanding of the gravity and scope of social responsibilities and how to orientate your organisation to strengthen responsibility to stakeholders.
This course will take you on a sustainability journey to change the way you operate and live to be part of the solution, to deliver prosperity that includes everyone, and to grasp the opportunity we have right now to lead sustainable organisations
If you are interested in this course, please register your interest through the ‘Register Interest’ button on the right-hand side of this page, and we will contact you with upcoming dates and the information you need to start your training journey. Alternatively, please call us on 01481 224570 or email [email protected].