The second part of this Expert level course is designed to enable those who currently record their own macros. You should already understand what a macro is and want to progress in your knowledge to enable you to manipulate, edit and combine other macros directly within the VBE.
The course will also introduce the VBA Object Model and the correct Syntax to use when writing code from scratch. You will be writing VBA code directly into sub routines within the VBE.
Visual Basic Editor
- Object Browser Library
- Intellisense – what it is and how it can help
- Change the Name of a Module
- Edit VBA code in existing Macros
Structure of VBA Code
- What is the Object Model within VBA
- Excel Object Library
- The correct syntax (Object, Property or Method)
- Difference between Modules and Procedures
Writing VBA Code
- Rows, columns and range referencing
- Cells and offset referencing
- Fully Qualified Object Reference
- When and how to reference worksheets and workbooks by name
- Write working procedures directly in VBE
Basic Debug Method
- Methods to debug code e.g. Insert or Toggle Break Point, Use Step Into etc.
- How and when to use the Immediate Window
You will continue to learn more about VBA as a language and be able to manipulate, edit and combine other macros directly within the Visual Basic Editor. In addition to this you will be able to understand other people’s macros in your workplace and be able to correct them should they fail to work. You will be well on your way to writing your own macros directly within a sub routine and be familiar with how to access and use the advice available on the Microsoft Website.
Ideally you will have completed the ‘Advanced’ module or have a good working knowledge of Excel’s complex functionality to an advanced level.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via mailto:[email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.