The first part of this Expert level course is designed to assist those wishing to build further upon their knowledge of Microsoft Excel and take it to the next level.
The content will enable you to progress to maximise your efficiency by using the Macro recorder to build an automated routine to replicate repetitive tasks within Excel. You will learn the basic concepts of interpreting Visual Basic Application (VBA) code within the Visual Basic Editor (VBE) and gain the knowledge required to combine different sub routines directly within the VBE.
Understanding the Concepts of Macros and VBA
- How to record a Macro
- Where your Macro is recorded - selecting different locations to save your macros and implications thereof.
- Create a Macro using the Macro Recorder
- Look at the 7 different ways to run your macro including:
- Keyboard Shortcut
- Button on worksheet
- Quick Access Toolbar
- Look at the significance of when to use an Absolute or Relative reference within a Macro.
Modifying Recorded VBA code in the VBE.
- Understand the key elements of the VBE.
- Analyse the effect in VBA code of the difference syntax between Absolute and Relative references.
- Create two macros and analyse the VBA Code within the VBE.
- Join two macros together directly within the VBE.
Identify and delete superfluous code inserted via a recorded Macro
You will learn how to automate repetitive manual tasks thus making huge efficiency savings and eradicating human error.
Ideally you will have completed the ‘Advanced’ module or have a good working knowledge of Excel’s complex functionality to an advanced level.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course