This half-day course is designed to assist those wishing to build further upon their knowledge of Microsoft Excel and take it to the next level. The content will enable you to progress to maximise efficiency by compiling a Macro to automate repetitive tasks within Excel, using both Recording steps and writing directly in VBA code.
Understanding the Concepts of Macros and VBA
- Explain the difference between a Macro and Visual Basic
- How to record a Macro
- Where your Macro is recorded
- Create a Macro using the Macro Recorder to consolidate data
- Look at the 7 different ways to run your macro including:
- Keyboard Shortcut
- Button on worksheet
- Quick Access Toolbar
Stepping Stones to Writing Efficient VBA Code
- Look at the significance of when to use an Absolute or Relative reference within a Macro.
- Analyse the difference in the VBA code and understand the syntax for both Absolute and Relative references.
- Understand the key elements of the Visual Basic Editor (VBE)
- Create a new Macro using the Code Window to include Dynamic Cell Selection (Special Cells)
- Identify and delete superfluous code in a recorded Macro
Visual Basic Essentials
- Colour guidelines and keyboard shortcuts
- What the Object Model is
- Excel Object Library containing code words
- Object properties
- Methods in VBA
- How to find the correct syntax (property or method)
- Rows, columns and range referencing
- Cells and offset referencing
- How to reference worksheets and workbooks
- Useful built-in functions
- Methods to debug code
- How and when to use the Immediate Window
You will learn how to automate repetitive manual tasks thus making huge efficiency savings and eradicating human error.
Ideally you will have completed the ‘Advanced’ module or have a good working knowledge of other Excel versions to advanced level.
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course