What do Business Analysts do? What skills and competencies do they require to do their role? This 3-day Foundation level course provides you with a 'whistle-stop tour' of the role of the Business Analyst who acts as the link between business needs, users and IT within change initiatives.
The course is fast-paced and through the use of examples and a simple case study introduces you to the contribution that a business analyst makes within a business. You will also consider the tools and techniques available to Business Analysts to assist them in their role.
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- The role of the Business Analyst - skills and competencies
- Introducing strategy analysis
- Introducing the Business Analysis Process Model
- Investigation techniques
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Modelling business processes
- Defining the solution
- Making a business and financial case
- Establishing the requirements
- Documenting and managing requirements
- Modelling requirements
- Delivering the requirements
- Delivering the business solution
Virtual Learning (Option)
This course is also available virtually through the GTA, tutor led in real time but with the benefit of accessing it from the comfort of your office or your own home and these courses run regularly. The length of the course and the content are exactly the same as with the classroom option.
Please email us on [email protected] if you would like to receive the cost, which can vary, depending on available dates for your chosen professional qualification.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the skills and competencies required of the business analyst
- Describe how a business strategy is developed
- Adopt a business analysis process modal approach to change initiatives
- Capture business system issues
- Consider the perspectives of key individuals who will be affected or are interested in the change project and document their views
- Use techniques for the analysis and modelling of business systems
- Describe the contents of a business case which would be used to justify a project
At the end of the course you may sit a multiple-choice examination to obtain the BCS Business Analysis Foundation Certificate. This qualification provides a foundation to the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis and covers the knowledge-based element of the qualification.
BCS Business Analysis Foundation Exam (One Hour Multiple Choice).
If you are taking the BCS exam you must bring photographic identification with you (passport, driving license or student card), as it is a BCS requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification will result in a candidate not being able to sit the exam.
You will need to be able to commit to some homework (reading and revision) each night during the course (approx. 1 hour per evening)
You will be provided with pre-course reading prior to attending the course. If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course please contact [email protected].
If you would like to book a place on this course please click on the ‘Book Course’ button to the right of this page and login or register for a user account to complete your booking(s). Any queries please do not hesitate to contact us via [email protected] or call us on 01481 721555.
If no date is scheduled for this course at the present time please click on the ‘Register Interest’ button and login or register for a user account so that we can add you to our course interest register. This register allows us to contact our tutors and finalise dates for a course as soon as we have a few people who have expressed their interest, so the more delegates who register their interest, the sooner we can schedule a particular course.